Saturday, January 13, 2007

Similes on the Big Screen, Take 6


From "Jaws" (1975)

And, you know, the thing about a shark ... he's got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll's eyes. (Quint)

See what I do, Chief, is I trick 'em to the surface. And I jab at 'em. I'm not gonna haul 'em up like a lot of catfish. (Quint)

"Blade Runner" (1982)


I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. (Batty)

"The Big Sleep" (1942)

[About orchids] Ugh. Nasty things. Their flesh is too much like the flesh of men, and their perfume has the rotten sweetness of corruption. (General Sternwood)

I seem to exist largely on heat like a new born spider. (General Sternwood).

Do you always think you can handle people like, uh, trained seals? (Vivian)

No comments: