Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanksgiving Evokes the Pistons, the Oscars, Theater, the Godfather -- and Auschwitz


My house on Thanksgiving is like a Pistons game with pie. (David Letterman quoted on ESPN.com).

Thanksgiving is like Oscar night. [Time to thank all the little people.] (Posting on Davenet).

"Thanksgiving is like theater,'' says Jerry Gulley, editor-in-chief of the allrecipes.com Web site. (Article in Houston Chronicle).

Thanksgiving is like watching an episode of the Godfather. I’m afraid to take the last piece of turkey because I might wake up with a horse's head in bed with me. (Article in Texas newspaper).

My husband believed that "Native Americans celebrating Thanksgiving is like Jews celebrating Auschwitz." (Post on Chicago Bears site), presumably by a Native American.

No comments: